Thursday, April 15, 2010

Our Baby Story


Okay, so I decided to start this blog as a way for Scott and I to share our journey into parenthood with friends and family. I also thought it would be a good way for our child to one day see what Mommy and Daddy thought during this whole process.

Scott and I found out that we were expecting in early March, and were quite surprised. It was not planned and we were hoping to at least get married before working on getting pregnant. I knew that if I had my way, it would happen shortly after the wedding. I think Scott was a little bit unsure due to typical anxiety about the thought of being a dad. Well, God intervened and blessed us with this wonderful news. Since it was a surprise, I was super stressed out at first. I had been working super hard to loose weight for the wedding, had just decided to leave my job and move to Columbus, and of course there was the upcoming wedding. Scott made everything better when I came home for lunch and he touched my belly and said, "Hi baby". It was then that I knew that everything was going to be okay.

I went back and forth on who to tell and when. Scott just supported me in whatever choice I made. My good friend Kristy was the first person other than Scott that I told. I knew she would be the perfect person to calm my anxiety. Then we told my mom, who was very excited. We were visiting Scott's family later that weekend, so we waited to tell his mom and Aunt Phyl in person. We told Scott's sister Angela over the phone. I then told my best friend, Amanda, and went baby shopping with her (she is due in August). I texted my sister, Tiffany, a picture of the bag from the baby store and she immediately called me to see what was up. She quickly nicknamed her newest niece or nephew "Mookie". We slowly then started telling other people and last night I came out on Facebook. There are still some family members that don't know, but hopefully that will be remedied by the time the wedding rolls around, otherwise that will be kind of awkward. LOL!

We had our first doctor's appointment to confirm the pregnancy on March 18th. We then drove back out to Columbus on March 23rd for our first ultrasound. I was 7 weeks along at this point. We got to see our little Blueberry, which is what we were calling our bundle of joy at the time, and see and hear the heartbeat. I became tearful and Scott said he did as well. I can't tell you how amazing that was. It made it that much more real and eased some of my anxieties. Our next appointment is next week.

It has been so nice to have my mom and Scott's mom express their excitement by getting small things for the baby. I have had to talk my mom out of buying bedding until we find out if we are having a boy or a girl. Scott's mom called us the other day cuz they found a really cute jungle lamp (Jungle is our nursery theme). The other day Scott and I went to the outlets to buy some stuff for my friend, Maggie's, baby shower (She is due in July), and Scott picked out three outfits for Monkey (that's what we call him now). He picked boy outfits because he is hoping for a boy, but I think they will still work even if we have a girl. LOL!

This is a super long blog, but since it's the first one it's okay. LOL! This is a very exciting time. The wedding is in approximately a month and a half. I am excited that our baby will have little ones to grow up with. Two of my bridesmaids, Amanda and Maggie, are due within the next couple of months. Scott's sister is due in June. Plus there will be all the older cousins to play with, not to mention little Alex Rotuna.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Great blog! The "hi baby" part really got me. : ) I hope I fulfilled my role in calming your anxiety... : )I'm looking forward to following the wonderful journal you have ahead of you! : ) Love all 3 of you!

Kristy said...

journey! not journal! oops!