After the multiple breakdowns on Day 1 of the vacation, I vowed that I had gotten them out of my system and we would be tear free (at least Mommy tears) for the rest of the trip. Well, that lasted until we got to the bus stop that morning. We had reservations for breakfast at Cinderella's castle at 8:40. We got down to the bus stop at 7:30 ... and waited ... and waited ... and waited. After waiting for 20 minutes (and seeing the bus ETA move back and back and back) I started to stress out. So I did what I think any sane person would do, called the Disney reservations number to see what I should do. That was a mistake. The lady I talked to was not at all helpful and instead stressed me out more. She told me that we had a 10 minute window after our reservation time and that if we weren't there by then the reservation would be canceled. She was unable to tell me if I would get my money back. She also added the helpful information that since it was now almost time for the park to open that there would be a lot of people waiting to get through security that would make it hard for us to get through. Well, that's when the tears started. Now those tears probably could have been avoided if she had told me what would actually happen when we got there. They have people with signs directing those guests with reservations and we bypassed all of the people waiting in line. We made it to the castle exactly at our reservation time.
Zoey didn't really notice the stress and was just having fun
Once we got to the castle, we had out picture taken with Cinderella in the entry hallway and then made our way up the winding staircase to the dinning area. We were seated and immediately had a nice plate of pastries in front of us. Zoey was a big fan! Everyone really liked their breakfast, except for me. I didn't dislike my stuffed French toast, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It was kind of difficult to eat while the princesses kept coming around because we kept having to get out of the booth whenever one came up to the table and the tables were very close together. Zoey was also not a fan of being pulled away from her food to take pictures. She really didn't like any of the princesses and actually pulled one of the princess' hair (I think it was Ariel), which resulted in a lecture from that princess about acting like a lady. LOL!
 |
| We got an unobstructed view of the castle |
 |
| Not at all interested in Jasmine |
 |
| Suspicious of Snow White |
 |
| Thinking of pulling her hair again |
 |
| Really not a fan of Aurora |
After we got done with out breakfast we set out to explore the Magic Kingdom and more specifically to our FastPass for Haunted Mansion. We came across the town from the movie Tangled and since that is one of Zoey's favorite movies (and she was dressed like Rapunzel), we stopped to take some pictures.





Zoey was kind of afraid of Haunted Mansion, at least the entry way part of the ride. Once we actually got on the ride she was fine. While at Haunted Mansion, we found out that Leland's Magic Band was even more screwed up then we thought. They weren't letting him in the park even when he tried to use the entry card (like he had the day before). So he ended up having to go back to the hotel to try and get that sorted out. It was such a mess!!! At one point no ones Magic Bands were working and they were showing someone using our band at the other Animal Kingdom hotel when we were all sitting in our room. We got some free FastPasses out of it, but we really didn't need them. The lines were never really that long.
 |
| Unused FastPasses (Pic kept turning when I uploaded it) |
|
We then headed over to use our FastPass to Rapunzel and Snow White. One of the major differences between Disney World and Disneyland (at least when I went) was that at Disney World almost all of the character meet and greats where held in special buildings for them with their own queue line. There were a few random ones on the street, but not nearly like there were when we went to Disneyland.
 |
| Pictures of the princesses that were in the queue area |
When we got done meeting the princesses, we saw that the evil stepmother and stepsisters from Cinderella were in the square doing a meet and greet, so much to Scott's displeasure (he hated doing the picture thing), my sister and I jumped in line. It was a bit of an inside joke, which Scott actually thought up, and we couldn't pass on the opportunity. Really we were only looking to get a picture with the red headed sister, but we got one with the whole crew as well.
Once we were done with our photo op we headed over to the Tea Cups, which Zoey absolutely loved. I tried to keep my eyes open to see how see was doing, but I get sick on spinning things and Scott was making our tea cup spin like crazy.
 |
| Waiting in line |
 |
| Such a precious face |
After some tea cup fun, we headed over to Be Our Guest, which is a newer restaurant that is themed to be the Beast's castle from Beauty and the Beast. My sister really wanted to eat there in hopes of seeing the Beast; however, he was no where to be seen. We had to stand in line for awhile to get in, but it wasn't too bad. Once inside you order using your magic band and then they bring the food to your table. The food itself wasn't that great, but it wasn't horrible either. The three different dining rooms were nicely themed.
With our bellies full, we hopped on the bus back to the resort so Zoey could nap and we could enjoy some relaxation.
Once we were all rested up, we headed back to the park for a fun filled evening. The first stop was Splash Mountain. Scott was going to try and take Zoey on it, but she wouldn't cooperate with being measured to make sure she was tall enough, so he brought her back over to where I was waiting on a bridge to try and get a picture of everyone as they came down. I had no intentions of riding Splash Mountain. Bev, Leland, and Tiffany seemed to enjoy themselves, and Bev got soaked, which was pretty much the theme of our vacation. If there was water, Bev would get hit with it. LOL!
 |
| Leland is in the front and Bev and Tiff are in the next row |
We spent most of the evening riding various rides in Frontier Land. Zoey just loved all the rides. I think her favorite of the ones we did that day was Aladdin's Magic Carpet. She just laughed and laughed and laughed. We also rode Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise several times. The fireworks started while I was in the Pirates area getting Zoey a souvenir penny (I tried to get her a penny to chronicle all of our favorite things at Disney).
 |
| All the pennies we collected |
 |
| The cute book Bev got Zoey for her pennies |
So when I came out of the pirate area, I found the cutest thing ever ... Zoey up on her daddy's shoulder clapping and cheering for the fireworks. She LOVED them!!!!
Once the fireworks were over, we staked out a place in Liberty Square to watch the light parade. We had a pretty good spot and some nice people moved over so Scott and I could sit on the curb with Zoey. She again loved this part of Disney. She would clap and dance as the different floats and characters went by.
By the time the parade ended and we made it out of the park, we were all pretty tired. Zoey crashed immediately and the rest of us were quick to follow. What started out as a very stressful day, turned out to be a fantastic, fun filled one. I love how it turned around!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment