Saturday, July 5, 2014

MDBD - Reese's Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

This past weekend for MDBD, we made probably one of the best cookies I've ever made, especially considering I messed them up. It's not like it was a major mistake, but it did lead to some questioning in terms of bake time. The recipe was from Mom On Timeout and was titled Reese's Stuffed Giant Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. The Giant part of the name should have been an indication that I wasn't making them correctly. Basically what I messed up was that I was supposed to use snack sized Reese's Cups and I accidentally used minis. This caused issues in a couple of ways: 1) The recipe only makes 12 cookies, so I decided to double the batch. Of course this was before I realized that the cookies were supposed to be super huge, so I ended up with A LOT of cookie dough. 2) Since the cookies were smaller than the ones in the original recipe (and they still ended up being pretty big), I kind of had to guess on the baking time, and 3) Since I had bought enough mini Reese's to make 24 cookies, I ended up having a lot of cookie dough left over, which I just used to make regular chocolate chip cookies. I am posting the recipe as it was written in the original post, so it is meant to make 12 giant cookies.

Our Ingredients
Ingredients
2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp corn starch
1 Tbls vanilla
3/4 c unsalted butter, melted
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk, room temperature
1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips or a combination of chips
12 snack size Reese's Peanut Butter Cups 
 
Instructions
Combine the dry ingredients and sift together.
Cream butter with sugars together in a large mixing bowl.
Beat in the vanilla and then add in the egg and egg yolk
Continue beating until the mixture is light and creamy.
Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop out about 1/4 cup of dough and wrap around a Reese's peanut butter cup making sure to seal the edges.
Continue until all dough has been used.
Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Space cookies about 3 inches apart and bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
The cookies are done when the edges are golden.
 Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire racks to finish cooling.


Original Source Picture
These cookies were really good. Probably the best chocolate chip cookie I have made.

No comments: