Saturday, March 7, 2015

Disney on Ice - Frozen

So I was driving down the freeway on my home from PA one day and I heard an ad on the radio for Disney on Ice - Frozen and I knew I just had to take Zoey to see it. I also wanted to try and make it so she could go with her BFF, Abbie. Unfortunately, when I got home and looked up the dates, I discovered that Frozen was not being shown in Columbus and instead was in Cleveland. However, the Disney on Ice show "Worlds of Fantasy" was going to be in town, so I reached out to Abbie's mom and invited them to go with us.

In the meantime, I just couldn't get the idea of going to the Frozen show out of my head, so I contacted someone I knew loved Frozen as much as me, my dear friend Kristy. Of course, she said yes, so I was super excited.

Frozen on Ice (as Zoey started calling it), was in January. We picked the 11:00 show because it had the best seats available in our price range. That meant that Zo and I had to leave around 8:00 so we could get there in time and get parking.

Zoey all ready to go in her Elsa outfit
Zoey apparently didn't really understand what Frozen on Ice was, even though we had watched a short YouTube video of one of the performances. As we were pulling out of the neighborhood, she made some sort of comment about her going on the ice. I explained to her that she wouldn't get to go on the ice and she had a bit of a meltdown. She was crying and saying "I want to go on ice and sing Let It Go". "I look beautiful like Elsa". It was heart breaking. Luckily, I was able to get her calmed down and explained exactly what we were going to do and what was going to happen. It's funny the things that kids get into their heads.

Once we got to the arena and got parked, we fought our way into the arena and found our seats. I think we had a pretty good view of the show. I was pleasantly surprised. We had gotten there a bit early, so that left plenty of time for Zoey to ask for things. LOL! I got kind of swept up in the excitement of taking her there that I went overboard on my spending. I bought her a light up snowflake wand, which I figured would be between $15 and $20, but I was surprised when the guy told me my total due was $30. Oh well, you only do these things once (or twice in two months if you are us. LOL). Zoey also begged for a treat. I told her we had to wait until intermission, but she really didn't grasp that concept and kept asking "can we take the break now". The show hadn't even started. Kristy and her friend hadn't even shown up yet. So I gave in and got her the snow cone she wanted.

View from our seats


Kristy and Nick, as well as one of Kristy's friends, Brandy, and her son, showed up shorty after Zoey started devouring her snow cone. Then the preshow started. Oh my goodness!!!! Zoey was so excited!!! She was up in the aisle dancing and having a great time.



She was excited to see the preshow characters, Mickey, Minnie, and Donald. There were also various princesses. Zoey was most excited for Donald (I think she developed a bond with him at Disney World when she shared her special hand shake with him).

Reaction when Donald came out
Nicky
Her reactions were the best


Once the actual Frozen show started, Zoey was immediately enthralled. She was excited to see Elsa and Anna. She of course sang along to "Do You Want to Build a Snowman". Basically the show was like watching all of the songs from Frozen with a few (very few) speaking parts in between to move the story along.

Young Anna
"For the First Time in Forever"
"For the First Time in Forever"
Zoey singing along with "Love is an Open Door"

The first half of the show ended with "Let It Go" which of course all of the kids were singing. After the song ended, Zoey yelled out "That's my favorite song" (because in the preshow they asked the kids what there favorite song from Frozen was).


Elsa singing "Let It Go"


Some of my favorite characters in this show were the non-human ones. I loved Sven. I think it was just neat to see the big reindeer out on the ice. I also thought the troll was pretty cool. The snow monster that Elsa creates was also very well done (although it scared Zoey and she made me take her out during that part). Olaf was cute, but there was something I thought was kind of off about him. I don't really know what it was.

Sven pulling the sled
The troll
Sven again ... He was just so cute
Olaf during "In Summer"
The snow monster ... Marshmallow
The trolls during "Fixer Upper"
I kind of felt like the end of the snow was rushed. The climax at the end where Hans is bad and Anna is dying, and Elsa saves her happened really fast and honestly if I hadn't of seen the movie, I probably would have had no idea what was going on. However, all in all, I think it was a very well done Disney on Ice show and I'm very glad I got to take Zoey, as well as enjoy some time with Kristy and Nick.

Nick and Zoey after the show
She looks so grown up in this picture. It kills me!!!






No comments: