When I asked Zoey what recipe she wanted to make she initially picked the Earth Cake. However, decided that was a little too ambitious for our first recipe, so I made her pick a different one. She ended up going with Moon Phase Macaroons, which I figured we could manage. I was wrong!!!!
| What they are supposed to look like (pg 95of the cookbook) |
| Ready to bake |
Zoey's Introduction
| Ingredients for the Macaroons |
| Tools We Needed (Zoey's favorite part of the cookbook is pg 16-19 where it lists all the tools and candy) |
| Using our new sifter for the first time |
So during this phase of the process, everything seemed to be going ok. I can not pinpoint anything that I should have done differently. I'm guessing that maybe I needed to beat the mixture for longer than I did, but that is just a guess. What happened is that when I piped the batter onto the cookie sheet, the batter spread out a little bit. Nothing crazy, but enough that I noticed it. When they came out of the oven, they had not puffed up as much as they were supposed to and the foot layer spread out more than the top layer.
Filling Intro
| Ingredients for the filling |
The filling is probably the only part of this process that didn't have any problems. It all mixed up ok and I got the coloring right. Wish I would have taken a picture that showed the filling better.
Frosting Intro
| Ingredients for Royal Icing |
This part is the straw that broke the camel's back. I could deal with the kind of flat cookies, but the icing mistake made it so these looked nothing like they were supposed to. I 100% know what the problem here was. I ran out of powdered sugar and did not have enough to get the proper consistency. I tried to ice them anyhow and it was way to runny. The icing literally ran out of the piping bag. I just gave up after the first three. We also put too much gold food coloring in and I couldn't get the right yellow as a result.
| Finished Product |
Zoey's Post MDBD Analysis
1 comment:
Cute videos, look forward to following more outcomes on future recipes.
Post a Comment