Friday, June 17, 2011

RadioU 5K


Last Friday Scott and I participated in our first 5K.

For those of you who don't know, prior to becoming pregnant with Zoey I was trying to lose weight for the wedding and doing a pretty good job of it. I was down 30 lbs and I contribute most of that to my doing the Couch to 5K program. It started out as just another way to exercise, but I soon fell in love with running and was planning on running my first 5K.

However, I then found out I was pregnant and my running was put on hold. Following her birth, I have never really been able to get back into the swing of things. This 5K was my attempt to get my butt in gear.

It didn't really happen and I didn't train at all for it, but I ran it anyhow. Well actually I walk/ran it. I disappointed myself by not being able to run for a longer period of time than I did, but hey at least I did it and hopefully it has resparked my motivation.

No comments: