Sunday, September 2, 2012

Red, White and Boom 2012

One of my favorite newly developed family traditions is Red, White and Boom. This used to be a kind of family reunion of sorts for Scott's family when he was growing up. While it has apparently changed a lot since then, I really enjoy this yearly activity to celebrate the Fourth of July.

Group picture
I was a little bit worried about this year because it was the first one where Zoey was mobile and I wasn't sure if it would be difficult to contain her. I was also worried about how she would do in the heat. It was HOT this July!!!!! In true Zoey fashion, she showed me that I had nothing to be worried about. She did wonderfully.

All decked out in her All American outfit!!!


This kid has some style. LOL!
We got downtown around 1:00 and just enjoyed some family time. We talked and played some games. Zoey enjoyed playing with her magnet drawing board and some hand held games that Scott used to play with when he was a kid. We also had some street fair food, which is always good (although I am always disappointed that there is no fried veggies).




Zoey wasn't really sure what to make of her chicken on a stick
She eventually figured out a way to eat it
She also figured out that her stroller's cup holder made a great chicken holder. LOL!
Later in the afternoon, Scott's sister and her two kids came down. Zoey enjoyed hanging out with them and they helped keep her entertained for the afternoon. 

Sharing a chair with Cousin Robbie

Fun times with Robbie and Neko
Playing ball
Scott showing Robbie the plane
Yummy watermelon!!!
Once the sun started to go down. Zoey had a blast playing with the glow sticks they had. She was a dancing fool ... like always. 




We then attempted to settle down to watch the fire works show. The show was really good again this year. Probably the best fireworks I have ever seen are at Red, White and Boom!!!






Once the fireworks show was over, we cleaned up our spot on the lawn and headed home. Another fun filled 4th of July under our belts!!!

Ready to get home and to bed




No comments: