In June we took our first family camping trip. It was at Atwood Lake State Park in Mineral City, Ohio and we were there for Alive Fest. Alive Fest is a big week long Christian music festival. Several of our favorite bands were playing, so we decided to head up for a long weekend of camping and check it out. I am SO glad we did because we had such a good time. I think this may become a yearly family tradition.
 |
| Zoey was not very excited about getting up so early to make the drive |
Once we got to our camp site, Zoey was a happier child and seemed to really enjoy helping her daddy put the tent up. All in all, she really took to camping pretty well.
 |
| Cooling Off |
 |
| Just Kicking Back |
 |
| Hot Breakfast Burrito - Impatient Toddler |
 |
| Watching Smurfs on the iPad |
 |
| Camping is Exhausting |
In addition to just hanging around the campsite, we did what we came there for. We saw some AMAZING shows. Zoey's very first concert was We Are Leo. She wasn't really sure what to think at first, and was a little overwhelmed by the crowd and the noise. However, once we moved back further away from the stage and she had a few minutes to adjust, she loved it and had a good time, as evidenced by this video of her dancing.
 |
| Not so sure about things |
 |
| That's better |
 |
Lead Singer for We Are Leo
|
After the We Are Leo show, and all that crazy dancing, Zoey was tuckered out and ended up falling asleep in her stroller while we were in line to get our stuff signed.
 |
| That doesn't look comfortable at all |
Once we got back from a real nap in the tent, we stopped back by the We Are Leo booth to talk to the guys and get pictures taken. These guys are really nice. Honestly the best part of going to these types of shows is getting to talk to all the wonderful bands.
The next band we visited we saw was Icon for Hire. We had never seen then in concert before. They put on a good show and again Zoey seemed to enjoy dancing up a storm.
 |
| Icon for Hire on Stage |
 |
| Zoey getting her dance on |
 |
| Waiting in line to meet the guys from Icon for Hire |
 |
| I think Zoey thought Ariel was going to steal her snack. LOL! |
Once that show was done, we pretty much spent the rest of the day up at the camp site resting up. Zoey and I decided to stay at camp instead of making the hike back down to the stage with Scott to see Skillet that night. I could hear the show from the tent, so that was good enough for me. Scott really enjoyed it and said they put on a great show. I'm hoping I get to actually see them one day.
Day two brought more great concerts. Before hitting up any of the concerts, we headed over to the Beach Stage to see if my favorite band, Hyland, was doing any signings. While there we heard Silverline play, but didn't really watch the show. I regret this because they are a really great band and I would have liked to have actually watched their set. We were able to meet them and get a couple of things signed. They were by far Zoey's favorite band in terms of signings. She ran right up to their table and said hi, whereas she was very shy with everyone else.
 |
| Zoey rocking her signed Silverline shirt |
The first show we actually watched that day was Abandon Kansas. We weren't really super excited about this one, but we knew some of their songs from being played on RadioU. Neither of us were hugely impressed, and I can honestly say that while I do like their album, they leave something to be desired live.
 |
| Abandon Kansas setting up |
As soon as things ended with Abandon Kansas, I headed back to the Beach Stage with Zoey so I wouldn't miss any of Hyland. Once again, Hyland put on a great show and Zoey was able to jam with her Hyland arm band and back pack. She looked like a little rocker. I loved it!!!! Sadly, Zoey wouldn;t cooperate with getting her picture taken with the band. Maybe next time.
Zoey was pretty well done once the Hyland show ended, so we headed back to the camp site. She fell asleep on the way. We weren't able to push the stroller all the way because the hill got very steep and was gravel, so Scott had to carry Zoey.
 |
| This is the hill we had to go up at the end of our long trek |
We decided to stay at camp the rest of the afternoon and evening. We could hear the concerts from our tent, so it was a nice relaxing evening. Morning came and we packed up camp and headed home. Great trip!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment