Sunday, December 15, 2013

Disney Vacation: Epcot

I think I have purposely put off doing this post because our day at Epcot was by far the worst and I have kind of dreaded writing about it. I think we were just at the point in our vacation where we needed a break. Scott needed a break from my incessant need to do character signings. I needed a break from just the overall stress I put on myself to follow a schedule. Tiffany and Trey needed a break from Scott and I. I think Bev and Leland were fine, but we had split up again so they didn't have to deal with us. LOL!

The day actually started off pretty well. We made it down to the bus at a decent time and didn't have too long of a wait. We were able to get some pictures in front of Spaceship Earth (the big golf ball looking thing). We then headed over to Figment's Journey Into Imagination because we had a FastPass for it. (In hindsight I think FastPass actually contributed to some of my stress on this vacation because I was constantly obsessed with getting to places at a certain time). It was a cute ride, but not very exciting. Zoey did have a good time playing on the big floor "piano" thing they had at the exit of the ride.
Ready for the day
On the bus to Epcot



On the Figment ride
Trey and Tiff on Figment
Figment





Once we were done with Figment, and doing a little bit of shopping in the gift shop, we headed over to the Finding Nemo ride. Tiffany, Trey and I have PTSD from our experience on the Nemo ride at Disneyland years ago (mainly standing in line for 2 hours for a terrible ride), but I decided to give this version a chance for Zoey's sake. I will say that it was better than the one at Disneyland, but it was still not very exciting. I'm sure little kids who love Nemo think it's great though. There was a pretty cool aquarium type thing at the exit to the ride, and they even had dolphins so that was a win for me.


I love Tiff's outfit. It was Halloween that day :)




Once we left the Nemo ride, we were on a mad search (ok I was and everyone else had to tag along) for Belle in France. We finally found her just in time to make it in the line before she left. (I think I would have lost it if we got there just after they closed the line). Belle was not very nice. She seemed annoyed by the fact that Zoey was timid. She didn't really even interact with her.



We tried to salvage the day by eating our way around the world. There were extra food stands set up because of the Food and Wine Festival. Scott was really the only one who was into it. I was annoyed because the whole Magic Bands thing had ruined my plan to charge our tastings to the room, which I didn't find out until I tried to do it. Trey didn't really like the idea of sharing the foods we were trying. Tiffany was sick of my attitude, so she had an attitude. It was just not a good day. We did get some tastings in. We had Belgium Waffles with Berries from Belgium, Kaki Gori Rainbow Ice, Tamari Sushi, and a Teriyaki Chicken Roll from Japan, Baklava, a Chicken Wrap, and a Beef Pita from Morocco, Crum Brulee from France, and Fish and Chips from the UK.





By this time, it was time to head back to the hotel for Zoey's nap. We ended up waiting forever at the bus stop and while there we all kind of decided that we just really weren't that into Epcot. Like I said before, I think we all just really needed a break. So we spent the rest of the day just hanging around the hotel and relaxing.






No comments: