Saturday, December 7, 2013

Disney Vacation: Magic Kingdom Day 2

Probably my favorite day on our trip was our second day at the Magic Kingdom. There wasn't any real drama due to Magic Bands or conflicting schedules. We were all able to ride the rides together and Zoey had so much fun. It was the first time my nephew Trey had ever been on a roller coaster, or really any major ride.
Ready for a day of fun
Scott, Zoey, Tiffany, Trey and I headed to the park just a little bit before Bev and Leland, so we jumped in line at the Buzz Lightyear ride. This was a pretty fun ride, so we rode it several times while we waited. Then we rode it again once Bev and Leland got there.
The queue line for the ride

Trey trying to pretend he isn't having fun
You were supposed to shoot the Z targets

Zoey was in charge of spinning us, which she did a great job of


Waiting for Grandma and Grandpa
Very focused. LOL!

Once we were done riding the Buzz Lightyear ride, we headed to People Mover, which is a slow ride that takes you on a tour of Tomorrow Land. It was interesting, but Zoey seemed to prefer the faster rides.
Being silly on People Mover
We then headed over to what was one of my favorite parts of the park, Frontier Land. We decided to see if Zoey was tall enough to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. She was!!!! Oh my gosh, this was so much fun and really started the fun part of our day. I was very proud of Trey because he was brave and gave it a go. I think it helped him to see Zoey riding rides. I was a little nervous about Zoey riding, but had no reason to be. You could hear her laughing and saying "Wee" and "Yee Haw".

Getting ready to go
After that I think we were all in an adventurous mood, so we headed over to Splash Mountain. Originally I was not going to ride because in my old age I have become a wuss. However, Trey decided he was going to go on it, so I said screw it and went as well. I was again worried about Zoey (I never really got over that despite the fact that she loved every ride). I just kept flashing back to when my sister and I took the kids to Disneyland and she took them on Splash Mountain. Back then (or maybe it's still that way at Disneyland) there were no safety bars and nothing to hold on to and my poor little niece Cyenna looked like she was going to fall out.
First trip down. Leland is blocking Zoey
We had so much fun going down the first time, and the line was not too long, that we decided to go down again. The second time around wasn't as much fun because the anticipation factor wasn't there as much, but it was still fun.
This time Zo sat up front. Even though her head is down, if you look you can see a huge grin
Of course after Splash Mountain we were soaking wet, especially Bev, who got soaked if there was any chance of water. LOL! We then headed back over to Tomorrow Land to ride Tomorrow Land Speedway. Kind of lame in my opinion and Zoey didn't seem too impressed either. She's an adrenaline junkie!!!

After that, Zoey was about ready for nap so we headed back to the hotel (Bev and Leland stayed to ride some stuff we weren't interested in, like Space Mountain). Once Zoey woke up from her nap, we headed back to the park for our character dinner with Winnie the Pooh and Friends (Bev and Leland didn't come with us). I would highly recommend this character dining experience. Yes, it is kind of expensive (they all are), but it is a buffet, which when you have people who eat like we do (with the exception of Tiffany), you can get more bang for your buck and the food was pretty good. I'd heard that it could take awhile for all the characters to make it around to your table, but I think it actually happened in pretty good time. Tiger was a bit delayed due to them stopping to do a "friendship parade" around the restaurant, and Zoey almost missed him due to her needing to go potty. But Scott returned with her just in the nick of time. Zoey did better with this character experience then I thought she would, given how the princess breakfast went. I think it helped that there was more space and we didn't make her move from the table. We just kind of had the characters stand behind her. With the exception of Piglet, she actually kind of interacted with them. The characters themselves were really nice and did a great job playing along.
After our dinner, we met back up with Bev and Leland for some more night time rides. We mainly spent time over at Fantasy Land and the Barn Stormer again. It was a great way to end our time at Magic Kingdom.



No comments: