Sunday, April 6, 2014

MDBD - Scotcharoos

This MDBD took place on January 5, 2014.Growing up I had a fondness for Rice Krispie Treats. I think most kids do. We always made ours with marshmallow creme. However, when I met Scott, he introduced me to Rice Krispie Treats made with peanut butter and my life has never been the same. So when I was perusing Pinterest for a recipe for MDBD, I decided to break away from the cookie trend that I tend to constantly be on and I made some Scotcharoos. I found the recipe at Crazy Little Projects.

Scotcharoos

Our Ingredients
INGREDIENTS
 6 cups of Rice Krispies
1 C light karo syrup
1 C sugar
1 C peanut butter
6 oz. butterscotch chips
6 oz. chocolate chips

INSTRUCTIONS
Pour your Rice Krispies into a large bowl and set aside.
In a small pan mix karo syrup and sugar and bring just barely to a boil, stirring constantly
 When it just starts to boil, add your peanut butter and mix it in
Take it off the heat and pour your mixture over your Rice Krispies and mix it all together
In a well greased 9 x 13″ pan press your Rice Krispie mixture in

This wasn't a very Zoey friendly MDBD
 Mix your chips in a bowl and put them in the microwave for 1 minute
About halfway through your minute though, take them out and stir them, then put them back in
 When they are good and melted, smear it all over the top of your Rice Krispie layer.

Original Source Photo

All in all these weren't bad. Scott liked them better than I did. I just wasn't a fan of the butterscotch. I think I'll just stick with the peanut butter :)


No comments: