One of my favorite family traditions is going to Wild Lights. We typically go on member preview night, which was the case again this year. I honestly think it was the best night to go. The night that we went, the temperature was still pretty mild, although I did still wear my long underwear under my jeans. LOL! It was that night that we had the first (and only) snow of the season, so it was just a really nice experience to walk around the zoo with the lights and a light snow falling. Well, at least it was for me. LOL! Scott and Trey were less enthusiastic about it than I was. Zoey seemed to like it though.
One of the things that we always do at Wild Lights is take Zoey to visit Santa. I have a snow flake ornament with Zoey's Santa picture from every year. This is the 4th year that she has seen Santa at the zoo (she was just a month old for her first Christmas and saw the Santa at the mall). This was the first year that she actually sat on Santa's lap and was able to tell him what she wanted. She even did an awesome job being patient while we stood in line. I was so proud of her.
We didn't do a whole lot of walking around looking at the lights. As I said before, neither of the boys were huge fans of looking at the lights, so we ended up leaving pretty early and heading to dinner at Chili's.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment