Anyone who is on Facebook with me (which is probably everyone who reads this blog. LOL) has seen all my posts about Zoey and her BFF, Abbie. Their friendship is something that is pretty awesome to witness. They found each other on their own at school. They aren't even in the same class. They just started playing with each other while we waited to go into school and I guess they also had recess at the same time. Then one day Abbie apparently told her mom that they had made a pact to be BFF's forever. Sweet, right? They are alike in a lot of ways and even have the same TMNT toothbrush. LOL! They are also different in ways that balance each other out.
Anyhow, this winter Zoey has had the opportunity to spend some time with Abbie outside of school. It's also allowed me to get to know Abbie's mom some, which has been nice. I have dubbed her the queen of the crock pot. LOL!
The first activity they did together was the Snowflake Castle, which is a pretty cool thing that is put on by the local senior center. The kids come and they get to make a wooden toy in Santa's workshop. They then can go and see Santa's sleigh and visit him and Mrs. Claus in their house. It's a really cute set up and while Zoey was a little overwhelmed at first, she had a blast. It was even more special that she got to do it with her BFF.
 |
| Seriously, how cute are they |
 |
| Face Painting |
 |
| Making her toy |
 |
| Painting their train cars |
 |
| Having so much fun!!! |
 |
| Taking a ride in Santa's sleigh |


One of the activities that they had at Zoey's school as part of the lead up to winter break was a pj party on the last day before break. On that same day, Abbie's mom (her name is actually Elizabeth but I think when you become a parent you just get called (insert name here)'s mom) and I made arrangements to have the girls get together before school to exchange Christmas presents. We met them for lunch at Panera. It was a fun time and the girls seemed to get a kick out of it. Abbie got Zoey a cute zebra pillow pet (because as she told her mom Zebra and Zoey both start with Z) and a best friend's necklace. Zoey got her a rainbow pillow that says BFF. It is half a rainbow and Zoey has the other half. It has a picture of the two of them in it. She also got her a Frozen cup and bracelet because Abbie is a fan of Frozen. The girls were so cute trying to get their best friend necklace to fit together. Zoey wears hers almost daily (I make her take it off at night and sometimes I forget to give it to her when she gets dressed. Then when she realizes she forgot it she gets upset).
 |
| I love this picture!!! |
 |
| Zoey had to sleep with both her zebra and her rainbow |
As if those fun activities were not enough excitement, we couldn't keep these kids apart for the entire winter break. We made a play date for Magic Mountain after Christmas. Zoey and Abbie got to spend time together playing in the jungle gym and playing games. They also rode the roller coaster simulator that I rode when I was pregnant with Zoey (which gave me crazy motion sickness. LOL!). They seemed to have a good time. Zoey did really well, but had a small melt down as we were leaving due to one too many late nights. Scott came with us to the play date, so he got to know Abbie's mom a little better; however, Elizabeth and I mainly chatted and left him out. LOL!
 |
| They even wore the same Frozen shirt. That's how in sync these two are. LOL! |
 |
| Roller coaster Simulator |
 |
| Shooting some pirates |
 |
| The longest game of air hockey ever! |
 |
| Dance Dance Revolution - It didn't matter that the game wasn't actually going |
I don't know what the future holds for these two. Abbie is off the kindergarten next year and Zoey still has another year of preschool. However, I'm hoping that we can continue to get them together and see how their friendship blossoms.
No comments:
Post a Comment