My beautiful niece, Shaylin, turned 16 in May and for her birthday I gave her the option of either taking three of her friends to Warp[ed Tour in Denver or flying out to Ohio and going to Warped Tour with Scott and I. For some unknown reason, she picked coming to Ohio over her friends. I think it must mean she loves us!
Anyhow, her visit happened the first week of August, and it was so great to get to spend some time with her. Since I moved to PA in 2005 I haven't seen my family as much as I used to, and I really miss them, especially the kids.
Shay got in during the wee hours of the morning on a Monday, so while I was at work, she spent the day sleeping.
Other adventures during her time with use included going to a book signing for one of the indie authors that Scott did a review for on his blog. Shay and I had a fun time giving him a hard time, but it was actually pretty nice for him to be able to go meet one of the authors he reviewed.
Of course we also made a trip to the zoo, because well that's what I do. LOL!
We also went to COSI for the Dinosaur exhibit, which I must say was very disappointing. However, we at least got a cute picture of Shay and Zoey as dinosaurs.
While Shay was out, I took the opportunity to get her pictures taken. I think they turned out really nice.


No comments:
Post a Comment