Saturday, May 26, 2012

Zoey gets a play house

In April Zoey went to a birthday party for sweet little Alex and while there she fell in love with this play house. It was so cute to see her play in it that I became obsessed with getting her a play house.

I talked to my mom and she decided to buy Zoey a play house as an early birthday/Christmas present. I found an amazing one at Costco and became obsessed with getting it for Zoey. LOL! Sadly, Costco didn't get the memo that I wanted this play house ASAP and when I went to get it they didn't have any in stock. I then proceeded to call them every day to see if they had any.

We arranged the weekend before Mother's Day to have Scott's dad come into town with his van in hopes of picking a play house up. Unfortunately, when I called that morning they said they didn't have any in stock. So we spent the afternoon visiting with Don and Connie and going to lunch. Don decided we should swing by to double check if they had one. I'm so glad we did. It was an emotional roller coaster for me because at first they didn't have one, then they did, then it was on hold for someone, and finally they let us have it.

We hauled the box home and started the process of putting it together. Zoey oversaw the construction. Now the website said it was easy assembly. Not so much. Look at all those pieces.




It took about six hours to put together, and at that point it still didn't have the finishing touches on it. When Scott's dad left that night the house was still missing the chimney, flower boxes, snack bench, and the additional roof piece. Zoey didn't care though. She was excited to play in her new house, which came with a working door bell. 

















A few weeks later Scott was able to get the additional pieces put on the house and then on my day off I put some flowers in the window sill and Scott put the letters I bought on the front. Now Zoey's play house is complete ... at least until he decides to make some improvements to the inside. He's talking about adding some lighting, including a light switch. LOL!



No comments: