I am behind on blog posts, so this MDBD actually took place two weeks ago. I love me some coffee cake, so when I saw this recipe for Coffee Cake Cookies on Pinterest I was intrigued. The recipe was pinned from Cookies & Cups
Coffee Cake Cookies
| Our Ingredients |
INGREDIENTS:
Crumb Topping
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 2/3 cup flour
Cookies
10 Tbsp butter
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 1/3 cup flour
optional ~ 1/2 cup powdered sugar for dusting
INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350°
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner. Set aside.
Mix all the crumb ingredients together in a medium bowl and cut together with a pastry cutter or a fork until evenly mixed. Refrigerate while making cookie dough.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner. Set aside.
Mix all the crumb ingredients together in a medium bowl and cut together with a pastry cutter or a fork until evenly mixed. Refrigerate while making cookie dough.
(You will be fine if you decide to cut the ingredients in half and maybe even in half again. This makes a lot of crumb topping. However, I did find that for some reason mine didn't really ball up like crumb topping normally does. It was more of a dust consistency)
| Before I used any |
| After I had made all the cookies |
Mix together butter, shortening and both sugars for 1-2 minutes on medium speed.
Add in cinnamon, eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until evenly combined.
Turn mixer to low and mix in baking powder, salt and flour, mixing until dough comes together.
Scoop cookies out, using a cookie scoop or spoon (about 3 Tablespoons) and place on lined cookie sheet. If using a spoon, form the dough into rounded balls.
Make an indentation in the center of the cookie dough.
Turn mixer to low and mix in baking powder, salt and flour, mixing until dough comes together.
Scoop cookies out, using a cookie scoop or spoon (about 3 Tablespoons) and place on lined cookie sheet. If using a spoon, form the dough into rounded balls.
Make an indentation in the center of the cookie dough.
| I had some difficulty using a spoon to do this, so I just used my thumb |
Scoop
at least 1 Tablespoon of Crumb Topping into the center of the dough
pressing lightly to stick.
Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes, or until edges start to get golden.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet, then transferring to a wire rack.
Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes, or until edges start to get golden.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet, then transferring to a wire rack.
Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
| Final Product |
Final Ranking (1-10)
1= Throw Directly in the Trash
5= Not Bad, but Not Great
10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
1= Throw Directly in the Trash
5= Not Bad, but Not Great
10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
Scott: 6 (He had a hard time remembering them, so obviously they weren't outstanding. They were cookies but he ate them for breakfast)
Kristin:6 (At first I wasn't really a fan. It took a bit to get used to the fact that these aren't as sweet as traditional cookies. I also would say they were better the next day)
No comments:
Post a Comment