Saturday, September 7, 2013

MDBD - Peanut Butter Cookies with Butterfingers

It didn't take long, but I got sick of making cupcakes, so this past week we went back to making cookies.  I've noticed that I tend to be drawn to candy themed recipes and this week was no exception. We made Peanut Butter Cookies with Butterfingers from a recipe I found at Chocolate, Chocolate and More

Peanut Butter Cookies with Butterfingers

Our Ingredients
INGREDIENTS:
 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
8 snack size Butterfinger bars, chopped (I used 2 boxes of Butterfinger Bites cuz it was cheaper that way and didn't leave me with leftover temptation)

INSTRUCTIONS:
Stir together flour, soda and salt and set aside
 In a mixing bowl, beat butter for about 30 seconds, just to cream it a bit 
Add sugars and peanut butter
Beat until fluffy
 Add in egg and vanilla, beat well
 Add flour mixture and mix until all combined
Now fold in your chopped Butterfinger bars
Shape dough into 1-inch balls then roll balls in granulated sugar
 Place on ungreased cookie sheet and crisscross with a fork

 Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 9-10 minutes

Zoey's version of double fisting it
This is what happens when you forget to crisscross your cookies before baking. I ended up smooshing them down and cooking for a few more minutes. They turned out a little funky. 
This is how they are supposed to look
Original source photo
 Final Ranking (1-10)
     1= Throw Directly in the Trash
     5= Not Bad, but Not Great
     10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
Scott: 5 (Butterfinger candy does not survive baking with any flavor)
Kristin:4 (I agree with Scott regarding the Butterfinger. They just didn't live up to expectations. The cookie itself was also a little hard for my taste, even when I tried cooking it less)

1 comment:

Aced said...

I think to get a softer cookie it has to do with the flour..... Take a look on pintrest for the 8 secrets of a better chocolate chip cookie (it reviews the differences to get a softer cookie). Listen to me! haha like I'm an expert on baking...... ;-P