Carrot Cake Cookies!!!!!!!
| Lots of ingredients |
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots, (about 3 large carrots)
Cream Cheese Frosting ( I used canned)
INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line two baking sheets with Silpat baking mats or parchment paper, and set aside.
Combine
sugars and butter; beat until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add
eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until well combined.
| Here is where Zoey stuck her finger in. Letting her help scrap was not a good idea. |
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; stir to combine.
Gradually add flour to butter mixture; mix on a low speed until just blended.
Mix in oats and carrots.
Chill dough in refrigerator until firm, at least 1 hour. (I skipped this step cuz I'm impatient).
Using
a 1/2-ounce ice-cream scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets,
leaving 2 inches between cookies.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Once cooled completely, spread cream-cheese filling onto a cookie.
Sandwich together with a second cookie.
![]() |
| Original Source Picture |
I opted not to use the frosting and make sandwich cookies. Mainly because I knew that a sandwich cookie would mean I would eat twice as many cookies. However, Scott took the frosting to work and said they were really good that way.
Final Ranking (1-10)
1= Throw Directly in the Trash
5= Not Bad, but Not Great
10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
Scott: 9 (It was like a really soft oatmeal cookie, and with the cream cheese frosting they were fantastarific)
Kristin:9 (I thought about giving these a 10, but I'm not sure I can say it the best thing I've eaten, but pretty dang close. The carrot cake flavor was actually pretty subtle, so it wasn't just that. These cookies were just awesome!!!!)

No comments:
Post a Comment