In 2012 Scott and I started a tradition of taking Zoey to an amusement park each summer. In 2012 it was Cedar Point and we went for Pointfest. Last year it was King's Island and we went for Spirit Song. This year the line ups for both Pointfest and Spirit Song were not great, so we decided to pick a random weekend and go to King's Island. This year my sister and nephew joined in on the fun.
I will say that I went into this trip a little bit disappointed because Zoey LOVED all the rides when we went to Disney and I knew from King's Island's website that she couldn't ride a lot of the bigger, funner rides. Disney really did spoil us in that department. I think the only rides that Zoey wasn't able to ride there was Everest and Space Mountain. She did Splash Mountain, the River Rapids, and the roller coaster over by Splash Mountain (I can't remember what it's called). I was even more disappointed when we got there and realized that she also couldn't ride a lot of the rides in the kids area. We still ended up having a pretty great time though.
Before we started our time on the rides, we stood in line at guest services for awhile. I found out that due to Zoey's Autism diagnosis that she could get a special pass that would basically allow her and three other people to get the equivalent of the fast pass at Disney, so she wouldn't have to wait in line. That was pretty nice. We didn't use it that often because the lines were not bad at all, but we did use it a couple of times.
Once we had the pass, we headed over to the kids area, Planet Snoopy. The first ride we did was the small log ride. Scott, Zoey, and Tiffany went on it first and then Scott, Zoey, and Trey took a turn. I sat this one out (as well as most of the other ones). Zoey had fun, but not as much fun as she did last year. I think Splash Mountain made this seem like nothing to her. LOL!
| I was having camera issues, so this is the only pic I got of this ride |
After flying through the air, Scott took Zoey up in the air on the Kite Eating Tree. He's such a good daddy for taking her. This ride is so uncomfortable for him since he has such broad shoulders. He really doesn't fit in the restraints. It's also a pain in the butt because they strap you in and then make you get back out and change where you are sitting in order to balance the weight. However, Scott takes her because she LOVES it. The smile she gets on her face is priceless, and she laughs the whole time.
We then did two rides that I went on (hence no pictures). Zoey wanted to ride Woodstock's Whirlybirds, which was super lame. Luckily we used the pass to get on that one because there was a line and it was not worth standing in line for. We also went on Boo Blasters, which is like the Toy Story Ride at Disney, where you are in a car that turns around as you go and you shoot things. Scott went with Zoey and I went with Trey. My gun must have been broken because my score was horrible. LOL! Plus I was dizzy from the rotten egg smell that was permeating that ride. It was so bad.
After those two rides, we took a break for lunch. Nothing fancy, just some pizza. It was nice to just take a short relaxing break.
| Zoey and Trey (This is her version of smiling) |
After that, we took Zoey to see if she wanted to ride Monster. Scott had a headache from the viking ride so he wasn't able to ride Monster. I once threw up on a similar ride, so I wasn't having anything to do with it. Zoey really wanted to ride, so Tiffany agreed to take her. She's such a good aunt. I couldn't really get any good pictures because of the way the ride is built, but I think they had a good time.
Monster ended up being the last ride we went on. It started raining pretty hard shortly after that, so we called it a day. It was a really fun day and Ms. Zoey did awesome. That was especially surprising since she has been up until the wee hours of the morning trying to convince us that it was daytime and time to go to Kings Island. LOL! We now know we can't tell her things until the day they are going to happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment