| August 2013 |
| August 2014 |
Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
| Our Ingredients |
Our Ingredients
2¾ cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoons salt
¾ cup shortening (I used margarine)
1⅔ cups granulated sugar
5 large eggs
2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1¼ cups milk
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoons salt
¾ cup shortening (I used margarine)
1⅔ cups granulated sugar
5 large eggs
2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1¼ cups milk
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F degrees
Line (2) muffin tins with 24 cupcake liners (I just put my silicone liners on a baking sheet)
In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt
In large bowl, beat shortening with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds
Gradually add granulated sugar, about ⅓ cup at a time, beating well after each addition
Beat 2 minutes longer
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
Beat in vanilla
On low speed, alternately add flour mixture and milk, about half at a time, beating just until blended
Divide cupcake batter evenly among muffin cups
Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
For the frosting, I just used a can of white frosting and then I used my cinnamon & sugar grinder and sprinkled some on top.
I was not a huge fan of these cupcakes. I thought that they tasted too much like butter. That could have been because I used margarine instead of shortening. They were also very dense. Not bad. Just not my something I would go out of my way to make again.
No comments:
Post a Comment