This is a spot for us to keep a record of all our wonderful adventures and to share them with our friends and family
Friday, August 22, 2014
Zoey's First Week of Preschool
Well, this week was a big week. Zoey started preschool! I was nervous about how she would do, but I'm not really sure why. She has been going to daycare for almost two years now, so she is used to being away from me. However, school is more structured and has more demands, so I guess I was worried that it would be too much for her. Now we are only a week in, so the worry is still there, but so far so good.
Zoey seems to be loving school. She went in the first day, and every day since, with no problem at all. She puts her folder and snack in their respective buckets, hangs up her backpack, and then goes in to start her table work. She actually loves it so much that I wish I would have done morning instead of afternoon because the mornings drag because she is asking me every 15 minutes if it is time to go to school. LOL!
On the way into school, she points at every other kid and says "there's a friend". I am trying to work with her on not pointing and on asking them what there name is instead of asking me or just making up a name for them. The other day she decided one little boy's name was JJ, so she went up to him and said "Hi. JJ".
When I pick her up from school, she is happy to see me. She takes me on the obstacle course in the gym and then goes on the elevator up to the slide and I meet her at the bottom and we head out the door. Yesterday we got out the front door and she was asking to go back to school. On the car ride home, she started crying and told me I was going the wrong way and we needed to go back to school. LOL!
The one thing negative about school so far is that it really seems to be zapping the energy out of her. The first day she fell asleep before we even got out of the school parking lot. Yesterday, she fell asleep on the way to daycare and then was a wreck when I tried to leave. She didn't even want to have anything to do with her friend, Rahenna. She has also been a terror at night since school started. Hopefully she adjusts and things get better around here at night.
All in all, I would say the first week of preschool has been a success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment