Saturday, May 26, 2012

Poe Family Easter Festivities

(Warning Picture Overload)

This year was a pretty fun Easter. Zoey's still not quite old enough to have the Easter Bunny excitement, but she was able to get the hang of an Easter egg hunt ... mostly. We had quite a few different Easter related activities we did as a family this year, which makes me super happy.

Our Easter festivities kicked off with a fun filled Saturday at Aunt Phyl's house with Aunt Phyl, her grandchildren, Ava and Ella, Grammie, and Grandma and Grandpa Oswalt.
Checking out her basket from Aunt Phyl and Uncle Terry
New sippy, Gold Fish, and fruit chews. She was in heaven
A new book from Grandma

Learning about the fun of Easter grass
Playing with Grammie
She also got to plant some flowers and dye some Easter eggs.




By far the thing she enjoyed the most was the Easter egg hunt. At first she wasn't too sure, in part due to the fact that at that time she still wasn't a fan of grass, but she quickly got the hang of it. 










 The next item on the Poe Family Easter agenda was a trip to the zoo for their Easter celebration. It didn't turn out quite like I hoped it will. Hopefully, it will be better as she gets older because I would really like to make it a Easter tradition. She was just a fussy butt for most of the time and didn't want to get out of the stroller. She refused to sit with the Easter Bunny, so I didn't get any bunny pic this year. 





 Since Scott had to work Easter day, we arranged for the Easter Bunny to come a day early. Zoey was excited to see her new lego/drawing table, legos, Little People car, personalized alphabet book, and sun glasses. But I think she was by far most excited by the Buzz ball and crazy straw cup she got. 










Later that afternoon, we took Zoey over to Grammy's apartment and she had a mini Easter egg hunt there.





That evening, we made our traditional bunny cake





Sunday morning we woke up and Zoey and I went to church. She was a bit of a stink butt (she ripped the hymnal), so we ended up leaving part way through.

I thought it was cute until she ripped it
Later that afternoon, Zoey and I went over the Aunt Sherry's for a Poe gathering (Scott was still at work). Zoey had a great time playing with her cousin Jack and her grandpa.






Zoey loved her Easter basket filled with Gold Fish and Raisins 






No comments: