Monday, December 31, 2012

Zoey's Phineas & Ferb Birthday



Zoey’s birthday this year was seriously almost a year in the planning. I think I came up with the theme for the party before I had even taken down the decorations from her 1 year party. I can for sure I did before the last decorations were down since her banner stayed up until the day before her 2nd birthday party when I hung that banner. LOL! 

Anyhow, the theme for this years’ party was Phineas and Ferb Backyard Beach. Given Zoey’s love of all things P&F, there was no other option in my mind. We went with backyard beach because I figured I would have an easier time finding decorations for that portion of the theme than I would for P&F. 

Invitations didn't turn out as great as I would have liked. it's a lot harder to get an almost two year old to cooperate with a photo shoot than it was when she was almost one. Either she wouldn't sit still or if she would she wouldn't look at the camera. 


Scott came up with the great idea of decorating the garage and with the help of some space heaters, it was a huge success. So much better than trying to crowd everyone into just the house. Plus it gave the kids some space to be a little crazy. 

Gift table with Phineas balloon

The beach balls kept falling down

Phineas catching a wave

Garage

Backdrop to hide all the garage stuff

Table with favors for the kids
Birthday banner

In terms of food and drink, I had initially planned on doing a menu based mainly on grilled cheese sandwiches, since they are Candace’s favorite and initially Zoey was going to be Candace for Halloween. However, as time went on I decided that trying to custom make grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone would be a huge pain and leave Scott standing over the griddle for the majority of the party. Instead I did sandwiches themed off of the various P&F characters. I ended up scaling down my menu plans as the party approached because I was running out of time and didn’t want to feel all stressed out. For some strange reason I didn't take any pictures of the food, but we made Bully Club sandwiches (for Bufford), Turkinator (for Dr. D), Curry Chicken Salad (for Baljeet), and Mr. Slushie Dogs (cocktail hotdogs). For drinks we had lemonade from the lemonade stand episode and a tropical fruit drink. The kids favors were sand pails with various beach themed items and P&F items. Adult favors were the leis they wore, cake balls, and a tropical themed magnet frame with a picture of Zoey in it. 
My niece, Shaylin, making cake pops

The cake was another thing that I obsessed over since the theme was decided on. Ultimately, I left it in the hands of my friend and master cake maker, Heather. I was very happy with how it turned out. Once again she did an amazing job. 

She loved everyone singing to her
Playing with her Ferb figure
We attempted a piñata this year. Probably not the biggest success, but it at least made for a memorable moment. I made it a pull string piñata because I didn’t really think it was a great idea to give Zoey a bat. Problem was that Scott rigged it up with some really old fishing line, so the first tug by the kids broke the fishing line and the piñata just fell to the ground. Kids didn’t seem to care. They were just happy to have the candy. 

Ready, Set, PULL!!!
Zoey totally lost interest

In terms of presents, Zoey was once again spoiled like crazy. She has some very generous and loving family and friends. One of the biggest hits was a big stuffed Agent P from her cousin Trey. She ended up falling asleep with him that night. (I snuck in later and took him out of the crib). She also got her Imaginext castle, dragon, and ogar, which made Scott happy for sure. Zoey seemed to like them as well. LOL! Her big present from us was a Little Tikes car, which since it’s cold outside resides in our living room. She hasn’t ran anything other than dogs over … yet. 

Tea Set
Agent P!!!!



Yummy bread from Angela the baker



Look Mom, I got a dragon!!!



It's a car!!!

All in all, I think her party was a success. I had a great time watching Zoey open all her presents and just have fun playing with family and friends, even if that mostly involved pouring sand on her head. LOL!

Zoey and Cousin Jack playing in the sand
Dancing with Grandpa
Sliding fun








Sharing with Cousin Robbie
On Zoey's actual birthday we had some breakfast pancakes and took a trip to the zoo. She also got her castle on her real birthday, which lead to a day of castle play with her daddy. It's hard to believe our little girl is two!!! 
Birthday Pancakes
 





Special Zoo Trip with grandma








No comments: