Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cooking as a Family

Anyone who reads this blog (which I think is just Scott, my mom, and my friend Tasha), I bake with Zoey once a week for Mommy Daughter Bake Day. However, I have also been doing a lot more cooking lately as well. Now that Scott actually works more then I do (being partially unemployed has that effect), I am in charge of dinner all but one night a week. I like to try recipes I find on Pinterest, and honestly most of the time they don't turn out.

A few weeks/months ago I came across a simple recipe for Pepperoni Roll Ups and told Scott I was going to make it. For various reasons it just ever happened. First I didn't buy enough crescent rolls, then by the time I got another can I had given Zoey all the cheese in her lunches, then there were nights that I just didn't feel like cooking. Well, Friday night I actually got around to making them.

I figured they were easy enough that Zoey could help out, so I pulled out her beloved learning tower and got things underway.  Scott id very good at helping out and next thing I knew we were making dinner as a family. Zoey helped place the pepperoni on the crescent rolls, after she took a bite out of a couple. LOL!. She also helped Scott cut the string cheese in half, and then took a bite to make sure they were good.

For being a pretty simple recipe, they turned out to be pretty tasty.





No comments: