Peach Cobbler
| Our Ingredients |
2/3 cups sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup of water
4 cups of fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (5-6 peaches)
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup of water
4 cups of fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (5-6 peaches)
1 stick butter (melted)
white cake mix
Instructions
Peal peaches (It can be helpful to blanch them before peeling)
Cut and pit the peaches, slice them in thin slices
Place in sauce pan with sugar, water, and corn starch
Cook and stir until mixture is thick and bubbly
Pour into 8 x 8 pan
In separate bowl, cut your melted butter into the cake mix with a knife until mixture is crumbly (My grandma taught me to use two knifes with your finger creating a space between them)
| I tried to teach Zoey the cutting techniques, but she just wanted to lick the knife (Note the awesome TMNT shirt I got for her) |
Top peaches with cake mix
Cook at 400 for 20 to 25 minutes
1= Throw Directly in the Trash
5= Not Bad, but Not Great
10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
Scott: 8 - "That was a pretty good cobbler" - He also noted that in fruit deserts he prefers a crispy top rather than cake like, but he still thought this was good.
Kristin: 8 - The cake mix added an extra sweetness you don't normally get with cobblers. I was a fan
1 comment:
This looks sooooo gooooooodddd!!! I reposted your post to my "clean eating" blog....even though its not healthy....it is part of the "dirty mind" hahaha xo
Post a Comment