When we first moved to Westerville, Scott started going to the local Farmer's Market on Wednesdays and in the process fell in love with peaches from Branstool Orchards. So did most people in town because the line for peaches starts to form before the market opens, gets pretty long at times, and they sell out in a short period of time. It's like the line for the hottest concert in town. I used to think he exaggerated ... until I went with him the first day they were at the market this year. Craziness I tell you.
Anyhow, peach season is something that Scott looks forward to. Zoey is also a huge fan of them. So I thought it would be fun to actually go pick peaches from there this year. We waited around anxiously through June and July (I guess peaches had a late start this year) and finally last weekend pick your own was open at Branstool. It was a bit of a cloudy and drizzly day, which meant we got a little wet and had to navigate around some mud puddles, but I think it helped keep other people away.
Zoey seemed to really enjoy her time picking peaches. She had enjoyed apple picking last fall, so I figured this would be a success as well, but you never can tell with a toddler. We honestly had no idea what we were doing in terms of picking ripe peaches, so we ended up with some pretty unripe ones, but Scott still enjoys them and they made for a great peach cobbler for MDBD (post here).
No comments:
Post a Comment