Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies (with Caramel)
| Our ingredients (including for caramel sauce) |
Cookie Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup broken pretzels (I used the food processor)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup broken pretzels (I used the food processor)
Carmel Sauce Ingredients
1/4 Corn Syrup
1 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Butter
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
(This made way more caramel then I needed, so you may want to adjust the amounts to make less)
(This made way more caramel then I needed, so you may want to adjust the amounts to make less)
Instructions
Break up pretzels (I used a food processor)
Combine flour, baking soda and salt, just stir with a fork to blend. Set aside
Cream butter and sugars. Add in eggs and vanilla, mix well.
Add in flour mixture, I add 1/2 at a time, mix well.
Stir in pretzels and chocolate chips.
Drop
by spoonfuls onto a cookie tray (We used our cookie scoop)
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt, just stir with a fork to blend. Set aside
Cream butter and sugars. Add in eggs and vanilla, mix well.
Add in flour mixture, I add 1/2 at a time, mix well.
Stir in pretzels and chocolate chips.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
Caramel Sauce
Melt butter with corn syrup
Add sugar
Stir constantly until it balls in water (Approx 5 mins)
Remove from heat and add soda
Use spoon to drizzle over cookies
![]() |
| (Picture from original source) |
Final Ranking (1-10)
1= Throw Directly in the Trash
5= Not Bad, but Not Great
10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
Scott:
Without caramel - 6 (Pretzel consistency did not hold up)
With caramel - 7 (If the cookies are stuck together it counts as one cookie)
Without caramel - 6 (Pretzel consistency did not hold up)
With caramel - 7 (If the cookies are stuck together it counts as one cookie)
Kristin:
Without caramel - 5 (The pretzel didn't really carry well. You either couldn't taste them or would get a chunk and those would taste kind of stale)
With caramel - 5 1/2 (The caramel diffidently helped the taste profile, but didn't do enough to boost it to a great cookie. Plus they stuck together in the bowl, so the next day you basically just had to break off a chunk rather than eat a whole cookie)

No comments:
Post a Comment