Saturday, October 12, 2013

MDBD - Gooey Smores Cookies

Wow!!! I am way behind on blog posts. MDBD has been happening as always. I just haven't found the time to write the posts. I guess it's time to do some catch up posts.

A few weeks ago Zoey and I made Gooey Smores Cookies, which came off of a Pinterest board called DIY Pinterest. I have come across several recipes on Pinterest for some kind of smores cookie, but this one intrigued me because of the mini hot chocolate marshmallows (that's what I call them).

Gooey Smores Cookies

Our Ingredients
 INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 full graham cracker sheets)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Mini Hershey’s Kisses (or chocolate chips/chunks)
1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits

INSTRUCTIONS:
 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
 Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
 Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. 
Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, use a food processor or blender to crush graham cracker sheets into 3/4 cup fine crumbs.
Zoey loved this part :)
 In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed.
Add the chocolate and marshmallows and stir to combine.
There was A LOT of chocolate chips and marshmallows
Place 1.5 tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. 
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

I've never really talked about what Zoey loves most about MDBD. It is by far the licking of the beaters. She is a big helper when it comes to putting the ingredients in the bowl and mixing things up, but once that is done she is done as well. She takes her beater and runs. LOL! Then I am left to make all the cookies by myself. 


Finished product

Final Ranking (1-10)
     1= Throw Directly in the Trash
     5= Not Bad, but Not Great
     10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten

Scott: 6 (Little graham cracker flavor. Overwhelming chocolate taste)
Kristin:5 (I was not a fan of these cookies. I agree with Scott that the chocolate chip flavor was overpowering. If I were to decide to make these again for any reason, which I highly doubt, I would cut back on the amount of chocolate chips used)

No comments: