For Sunday's Mommy Daughter Bake day Zoey and I made Oreo Cheesecake Cookies which we found at Tasty Kitchen
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
| Here are our ingredients |
(I doubled the recipe since the finished product goes to Scott's work and I wanted there to be enough. Amounts listed are double the original recipe)
1 C Unsalted Butter, Softened (I used Crisco Baking Sticks plus 2 Tbsp Water)
6 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
2 C Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 C All-purpose Flour
1 C Mini Chocolate Chips
2 C Oreo Cookie Crumbs (I used the food processor)
1 C White Chocolate Chips, Melted (optional)
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats
Cream together the butter and cream cheese using a hand mixer until they are well combined.
Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until ingredients are well combined.
Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until ingredients are well combined.
Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is incorporated.
Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
Scoop the dough into 1″ balls (I used a Tablespoon and that worked pretty well) and roll in Oreo cookie crumbs so cookie is covered.
Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
Scoop the dough into 1″ balls (I used a Tablespoon and that worked pretty well) and roll in Oreo cookie crumbs so cookie is covered.
| Don't forget to taste the Oreos to make sure they are good |
Place
covered cookie balls onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
Cool on the pan for two minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Once cool, drizzle cookies with melted white chocolate.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
Cool on the pan for two minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Once cool, drizzle cookies with melted white chocolate.
| Our finished product |
1= Throw Directly in the Trash
5= Not Bad, but Not Great
10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
Scott-5 (Nothing stood out)
Kristin-3 (I really wasn't a fan of these. I'm curious if they would have been better if I had used butter instead of the Crisco. They tasted like shortening to me)
No comments:
Post a Comment