This recipe came from Oh Bite It (Love that blog name. LOL!) and is called Snickerdoodle Poppers.
Snickerdoodle Poppers
| Our ingredients - I forgot to include the milk used to make the pudding) |
1 Can Grands Flaky Biscuits
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
! Box Instant Vanilla Pudding
Oil for Frying
Instructions
Unroll Grands and cut into fourths
Roll each piece into a ball
Prepare the pudding and set aside
In a medium pot heat approx 2" of oil to 350 degrees
Place four balls in at a time and fry until both sides are evenly golden (This took some experimentation by Scott due to the first ones being raw in the middle)
Take straight from the oil into the cinnamon sugar mixture and coat well
Carefully inject each ball with some of the vanilla pudding (I used a child's medicine syringe to do this. I tried injecting the pudding right away, as well as after the balls had cooled some and I recommend waiting)
| Zoey taste testing |
Final Ranking (1-10)
1= Throw Directly in the Trash
5= Not Bad, but Not Great
10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
1= Throw Directly in the Trash
5= Not Bad, but Not Great
10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
Scott - 6 when fresh, 3.5 the next day
Kristin - 5 when fresh (I didn't have any the next day)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our second MDBD offering were Peanut Butter Secrets which came from the Pillsbury website
Peanut Butter Secrets
| Our ingredients |
- 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 40 to 45 chocolate-covered miniature peanut butter cups
Instructions
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat baking sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray. (I used my silicone mats)
She loves MDBD - COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar
and peanut butter in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until
well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla
She is becoming so good at pouring the ingredients in - COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until just blended
- FORM rounded teaspoonfuls of dough around each peanut butter cup. Enclose entirely. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet ( I used my awesome new cookie scoop that Scott gave me as an early birthday present)
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are just browned. Remove immediately to cooling rack.
Final Ranking (1-10)
1= Throw Directly in the Trash
5= Not Bad, but Not Great
10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
1= Throw Directly in the Trash
5= Not Bad, but Not Great
10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
Scott - 8.5 (He says "Nom, nom, nom")
Kristin - I actually didn't have one of these cookies, so I don't get to weigh in
No comments:
Post a Comment