I only remember using a cookie press once in my life. I bought one from Pampered Chef and used it one time. It was such a pain to use and I just didn't have the strength to squeeze a bunch of cookies out of it. I didn't even know they made electric ones. It's pretty cool. Just plug it in and charge it for a couple of hours, unplug, stuff your dough in, push a button, and ta-da you have a cookie. It's so simple, even a two year old can use it. (Okay, technically, I had to help her hold the button down for the right amount of time).
We made classic peanut butter cookies using the recipe that was in the instruction book that came with the cookie press.
Peanut Butter Cookies
| Our Ingredients |
1/2 C Shortening
1/2 C Peanut Butter
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 1/4 C Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
| Let's get to baking!!! |
Instructions
Mix shortening, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, and egg
Blend in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
With star plate form 2 1/2 inch fingers (I had no idea which was the star plate, so I just made random cookie shapes to try all the disks out)
Bake 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees
| Finished Product |
Final Ranking (1-10)
1= Throw Directly in the Trash
5= Not Bad, but Not Great
10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
1= Throw Directly in the Trash
5= Not Bad, but Not Great
10= Best Thing I've Ever Eaten
Scott: 6 (It's a peanut butter cookie)
Kristin: 5 (Goof, but nothing special)
Scott and I decided that I have ruined normal run of the mill cookies because I have been making some pretty out there, and yummy ones lately (i.e. Milky Way Cookies)
No comments:
Post a Comment