Sunday, March 2, 2014

MDBD - Chocolate Candy Cookies

This recipe for Chocolate Candy Cookies came from Bakerella and we made them on December 1, 2013. This is a recipe that I found on Pinterest that was on a recipe site that linked back to the original source (like I do), but the pin I found was just for Reese's Peanut Butter Bite Cookies. I ended up making some of those, as well as the more traditional Peanut Butter Blossoms. Both tasted really good, but the Reese's ones were really ugly cookies. The recipe said to make them in a mini muffin pan, but I tried that and ended up baking them for way longer than the recipe called for and they still weren't cooked all the way through. As a result, I made the rest of the batch in the same way that you make the Peanut Butter Blossoms.

Chocolate Candy Cookies
Our Ingredients
Let's Get Baking
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
Hershey’s Kisses or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, or both
 
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Sift flour, soda and salt with a wire whisk and set aside.
Beat butter and peanut butter
Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
Add egg and vanilla.
Add flour mixture and combine.
Roll dough into 1 to 1-1/2 inch balls and then roll the balls in sugar to coat
 For Peanut Butter Kisses
Place rolled balls on parchment paper covered baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and press an unwrapped Kiss candy into the center of each cookie.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.



For Peanut Butter Cuppies:
Press rolled balls into the cavities of a mini muffin tray
Place an unwrapped Reese’s peanut butter cup into each.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Remove. Let cool and then drizzle with chocolate if desired.
Cookies weren't done and PB cup was very melted
When I made them without the muffin pan. Not the best looking cookie, but yummy
This is what they were supposed to look like. LOL!

 
 

No comments: