This past weekend, Zoey and I had an awesome MDBD. Zoey always seems excited when I tell her it is MDBD and she immediately goes to her learning tower, so I knew that she understood what it meant. But this past weekend she walked into the kitchen as I was getting all the ingredients out, so I asked her "what are we going to go" and she responded "Mommy Daughter bake day". It made me so happy to hear her say that. It kind of solidified that she understands that this is something special we do together. It was also great to have me ask her a question and get a response other than yes or no (receptive language delays).
For this MDBD we looked to a recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies from Six Sister's Stuff (a lot of stuff I have pinned seems to come from their site).
Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies
| (Note that the picture shows regular and white chocolate chips. We only used regular) |
INGREDIENTS
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups chocolate chips
INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Whisk together flour, salt, and baking
soda in a small bowl and set aside.
Place butter and sugars into a
mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
Reduce speed
to low and add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
Mash banana and mix in.
Add flour and mix until just combined.
Stir in oats and chocolate
chips.
Using a cookie scoop, drop dough
onto baking sheets spacing about 2 inches apart.
Bake cookies until
golden brown and just set, about 12 to 13 minutes.
![]() |
| (Original Source Picture) |
Scott and I both really liked these cookies, but there are a couple of modifications that I will make next time. I will decrease the amount of chocolate chips. They seemed to cancel out a lot of the other flavors. I will also increase the amount of banana. This is probably my fault for not measuring the banana. More than likely my banana was on the smaller side and did not produce the 1/2 cup that the recipe called for. I may also increase the oatmeal as I didn't really notice it in these cookies.

No comments:
Post a Comment