Sunday, March 6, 2011

Arnold Weekend

Well, it's the first weekend in March in Columbus, Ohio which means only one thing ... It's Arnold weekend. For those of you who don't know, which is actually probably a lot, Arnold weekend is the weekend of the Arnold Classic Sports Festival. It's a pretty big deal in the world of sports, especially body building. This is a weekend that Scott looks forward to every year. In fact it is apparently one way he keeps track of how long we have been together (It's been three Arnold's now) LOL! This is the first year we have lived in Columbus for the Arnold, which made it more convenient, but I think it also took some of the fun out of it. Having a new baby also kind of changed things. I actually didn't go this year because of Zoey, plus the fact that no UFC fighters were at the Expo this year. I go to meet UFC fighters and Scott goes to get free supplement samples. Scott actually ended up only going on Friday this year instead of his normal three days. Since there weren't any fighters there this year, I will post my pictures with fighters from the two previous years.


Me with Randy Couture

Scott and me with Forrest Griffin



Scott and Me with Forrest the 1st year we went to the Arnold

Scott's friend, Six Pack (aka Mike), came up to go to the Arnold with Scott, so Zoey and I dropped them off at the expo center and then went shopping. It was a good time. We found some good deals and she was awake and happy the whole trip. She has discovered the monkey that hangs on her car seat and finds it fascinating and loves to talk to it.


After our shopping adventure, we went home and took a nap until the boys called us to come pick them up. We then went to BD's Mongolian BBQ for dinner. I was disappointed in Scott and Six cuz they got unlimited bowls but only had two. Shame!!!!

Here is Six with his brownie sundae

Saturday rolled around and it was Zoey's 4 month birthday, so Scott and I took her to Half Priced Books to get a couple books. We got one of the Goosebumps books we were missing from the series.

And then we got her a book for me to read to her during nap time and when Scott isn't home for bedtime story.


After that we dropped her off with Aunt Phyl so Scott and I could go to the Strikeforce event. Normally there is a UFC event that goes along with the Arnold; however, the UFC decided not to do one this year, so Strikeforce had one instead. My receptionist's husband, also named Scott, got her tickets for it and she knew we enjoyed MMA, so she invited us to go with her. I was somewhat skeptical just due to the fact that other than the main event, I didn't know any of the fighters. It was a great time though. We had Club Level seats, which were really nice cuz we had a great view of the cage. For the most part all of the fights were pretty exciting. I did get super annoyed during the women's fight because the crowd was really disrespectful. I don't care if you think women's MMA is lame or whatever, but at least show some respect. People were yelling stupid and rude things before the fight even got started. The fact of the matter is that those women could demolish most of the stupid people who were screaming. All in all it was a really good night. I did learn that after over a year without a beer, I really wasn't missing anything. it didn't taste good and just gave me a headache.


Here are some pictures from the fight

Zoey and me in our matching Tapout gear

Zoey with Pepsi at Aunt Phyl's

Scott and me at the fights
Scott giving his typical "get the camera out of my face" look
Our view, unzoomed

Zoomed in

Today is Sunday and while the Arnold is still going on today, neither of us are going. Scott is at work and I am home with Zoey. Hopefully next year the UFC returns so I have a reason to go.

No comments: