Saturday, March 26, 2011

Zoey's First Zoo Trip

Wow, somehow I got behind on blogging! Gotta get caught up so I am ready for the A to Z blog challenge starting April 1st.

Last Saturday we took Zoey to the zoo for the first time. She had a pretty busy day. We started off by getting together with Scott's dad's side of the family. There were some distant cousins or something in town. Neither Scott or I really knew who they were or how they were related. Lol! It was just a short little visit but it was nice for Zoey to see some of the family she sees less often and to spend some time with her grandpa.




After that, we headed to one of our favorite places to eat... BD's Mongolian BBQ. I hated this place first time I tried it over 10 years ago and now I love it. Funny how things can change in 10 years. We met our friends Amanda and Duane and their son, Colin, there. Today was kind of like a last hurrah for our little families because Amanda, who I've been friends with since the 6th grade, is moving back to Utah, where we are originally from. Anyhow, we enjoyed some lunch and then headed over to the zoo.


Prince Colin and Princess Zoey

I am weird, so I thought it was awesome that Zoey and Colin got to have their first zoo experience together, even though they are both too little to really enjoy or remember it. Since it is still pretty early in the zoo season, a lot of the animals were inside, so we mainly saw a bunch of empty exhibits. We did get to see some of the animals, and more importantly we had a great time just hanging out together.






No comments: