Thursday, March 3, 2011

What Zoey is Reading Updated

This section of the blog will be dedicated to what books Zoey is reading and will be updated as the books change. Check the page tab for previous books.

CURRENTLY READING: Knights of the Silver Dragon - Riddle in Stone


Watchers are disappearing. Moyra's dad is acting crazy. And a suspicious stranger races through town, her face hidden beneath a rustling hood. Something's wrong in Curston, and Kellach thinks the new statue in Main Square is a clue. But can the Knights unravel the statue's riddle before it's too late?

I really enjoy this series, so I am glad we are back to it. We just finished up chapter 4 tonight and so far so good.








First Book of Sushi

Scott is kind of obsessed with sushi, so shortly after Christmas I was buying Zoey a sushi set like the one we had bought her cousin, Neko, and in my search I came across this book. Scott reads it to her frequently (I can't pronounce most of the words. LOL). She really enjoys it and Scott now how it memorized for the most part.











All the Ways I Love You

We bought this recordable book for Zoey for Valentine's Day. Scott and I each took a turn recording a page. I thought this would be a great alternative for the nights Scott works late and isn't home in time for Zoey's bedtime. She really loves it and it will calm her down if she is having a fit. However, I went to read it the other night and it stopped working. Hopefully we can contact Hallmark and either find a solution (I really hope so since she likes it so much) or get a refund (It was kind of expensive).









JUST FINISHED - Goosebumps: Welcome to Dead House

11-year-old Josh and 12-year-old Amanda just moved into the oldest and weirdest house on the block--the two siblings think it might even be haunted! But of course, their parents don't believe them. You'll get used to it, they say. Go out and make some new friends. But the creepy kids are not like anyone Josh and Amanda have ever met before. And when they take a shortcut through the cemetery one night, Josh and Amanda learn why.

Scott bought me a good portion of the Goosebumps books as a Christmas present. I enjoyed these when I was in middle school and wanted Zoey to get a chance to enjoy them as well. Of course they might be a little bit to scary for her once she gets old enough to understand them so they will have to be put away for a few years.

This particular Goosebumps book wasn't a big hit with me. It just wasn't very exciting.

No comments: