Sunday, February 6, 2011

37 Week Appointment & Nursery Pics

ORIGINAL BLOG DATE: October 20,2010

Today I had a doctor's appointment. As of today I am 37 1/2 weeks (and yes that 1/2 a week is important. LOL). I've been feeling kind of frustrated in general about this last month of pregnancy. So many of my friends, who have recently had their first babies, ended up going over their due date and had to be induced. That fact, in combination with the fact that my mom is stressing out that she will fly into town and then have to leave before the baby is born, has me convinced that I will go over my due date as well. Added to that, by the looks of my belly bump, Zoey appears to be sitting very high still and I seem to still feel her rolling like crazy. I have had a fairly easy pregnancy, so I try not to complain, but honestly I am at the point where I just want her here!!!! My sleep has been horrible lately. The back pain persists. I have a hard time breathing. Needless to say, I am annoyed by the whole thing. LOL

Anyhow, all of this has had me kind of down and feeling pessimistic about ever giving birth. However, today's appointment made me feel so much better. I had my first cervical exam since I started doing weekly appointments, and despite the fact that Zoey seems to be sitting so high, she is actually engaged in the pelvis at -2. I am 50% effaced and dilated to 1 cm. They also told me that if I did go over my due date, they wouldn't let me go beyond 41 weeks. Now I realize that -2, 50%, and 1 cm means nothing in terms of going into labor anytime soon. I know people can be at 4 cm for weeks. However, I really thought that I would go in and they would tell me that Zoey was still not head down and that I wasn't dilated at all. I was also worried they would say they would wait until 42 weeks to induce. It was just nice to have some reassurance today.

In terms of baby prep, I have finally gotten around to getting the majority of the hospital bag packed. There are a few things I still need to round up, but if I were to go into labor right now, I would have the essentials. The nesting instinct still hasn't kicked in. I know there is so much I need to do before Zoey gets here, but I have no motivation. I planned on trying to get something done today since I had the day off, but other than my doctor's appointment and finally buying the blinds for the nursery, I have done nothing. We do have the nursery done, with the exception of those blinds, so I am happy about that.

Here are some pics:




No comments: