Goosebumps: Welcome to Dead House

11-year-old Josh and 12-year-old Amanda just moved into the oldest and weirdest house on the block--the two siblings think it might even be haunted! But of course, their parents don't believe them. You'll get used to it, they say. Go out and make some new friends. But the creepy kids are not like anyone Josh and Amanda have ever met before. And when they take a shortcut through the cemetery one night, Josh and Amanda learn why.
Scott bought me a good portion of the Goosebumps books as a Christmas present. I enjoyed these when I was in middle school and wanted Zoey to get a chance to enjoy them as well. Of course they might be a little bit to scary for her once she gets old enough to understand them so they will have to be put away for a few years. We just started reading this one two nights ago, so I haven't formed much of an opinion at this point.
Princess Valentine

This is another book that Zoey got from her grandma. Of the two books she got for Valentine's Day, this is my least favorite. It does have some colorful artwork and Zoey seemed to enjoy looking at it.
Where is Baby's Valentine
This is a book that my mom sent to Zoey for Valentine's day and we have been reading it before nap time. It is a pretty simple flip book. Zoey isn't quite old enough to really enjoy the flip component of it, but I think she will like that when she is a little older. I like the book becasue she is making a Valentine for Mommy. LOL!
Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones

I have decided that at the beginning of each month I will buy Zoey a new children's book for me to read to her on Sunday nights when Scott works late and can't be home for normal story time.
This month the book is Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones. It's about all the animals in the jungle settling down for the night. Pretty basic children's book. The artwork is really colorful and well done. I just got it for her tonight, so I haven't been able to see how she likes it yet. UPDATED: 2/13/11 Zoey seems to really like the pictures and the colors in this book.
JUST FINISHED - Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians

A hero with an incredible talent...for breaking things. A life-or-death mission...to rescue a bag of sand. A fearsome threat from a powerful secret network...the evil Librarians. Alcatraz Smedry doesn't seem destined for anything but disaster. On his 13th birthday he receives a bag of sand, which is quickly stolen by the cult of evil Librarians plotting to take over the world. The sand will give the Librarians the edge they need to achieve world domination. Alcatraz must stop them!...by infiltrating the local library, armed with nothing but eyeglasses and a talent for klutziness.
After finishing this book, I can still say that I am not a huge fan. It's not a bad book or anything. I just found it kind of boring. I'm sure we will probably end up reading more in the series since Scott enjoys it.
1 comment:
I got Clara the "Where is baby's Valentine" book a few weeks ago and she loves it! Although I knew she would since we had the pumpkin one for Halloween.
Post a Comment