Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Special Mommy-Daughter Day

Wednesdays have always been my home day with Zoey; however, yesterday I had to go into work for an emergency client, so Zoey came with me and I decided to make it a special Mommy-Daughter day.

Zoey started the day off with her normal sucking on her favorite towel. LOL! I got her dressed in her new monkey shirt, and we were all set to head to the office.

Once we got to the office, we kind of hung out and I let Zoey explore where Mommy goes when I'm not with her. I let Zoey sit in one of the chairs. Hopefully the only time she is in a therapist's office because of her mommy is when I take her to work with me. LOL!


Mommy then had to go to see her client, so Zoey spent an hour hanging out with my receptionist, Heather. I heard Zoey cry a little bit a couple of times while I was in session, but she quickly calmed down. Even though it was only 20 seconds or so, it felt like an eternity to me.
After the session was over, we hung out for a little bit longer at the office and I let Zoey see the playroom. She sat in the bean bag chair and looked at the dollhouse.


We then left Mommy's one office and went to her main office to drop off a little thank you present to the office staff, who have been working with me to make changes to my schedule that allow me to spend more time home with Zoey. We made them some carmel corn and Zoey gave them a card. Here's how that turned out:


Zoey was pretty tired from all the excitement, so once we got home and she had a bottle she took a nap. Mommy was happy about that because it allowed Mommy to nap as well.


Once Zoey got up from her nap, we continued our special day by putting together the jumper that Grandma and Grandpa Oswalt got her for Christmas. She sat in her swing while Mommy worked on putting it together.


Zoey became impatient and decided to take another nap

Mommy finally got the jumper put together, so once Zoey woke up and Daddy was home from work. She got to spend some time playing in it. She is still a little bit too small for it and her feet don't quite touch the ground, but she still seems to enjoy it!



No comments: