The day started out kind of hectic. We had planned on leaving around 10:00 so we could get there a little early and go to Sam's Club (the Niles one has these italian sausages we love and can't get at any of the ones in Columbus). However, Zoey has been sick for about a month now and her cough and conjestion has gotten really bad the past few days, so I decided to try to get her in to see the doctor before we left. They were able to get us in at 9:15, so that worked well.
Zoey at the doctor's office
Poor little Zoey has a respitory infection, a minor ear infection, and cold induced asthma. They gave us a prescription for an antibiodic and an inhaler. She's cool with the antibiodic, but the inhaler involves putting this mask over her face, giving her a puff off the inhaler, waiting 10 seconds, giving her another puff, and repeating this four times. She's still a trooper though and has for the most part remained her smiley, happy self. The doctor gave us the all clear to go ahead with our travel plans (I even checked to make sure prego chicks would be okay around her). Anyhow, we had to stop for the prescriptions, which took 40 minutes to fill and put us behind schedule.
The trip was good. Scott worked on interviews and reviews for his Indie Book Blog Zoey slept. I drove. We actually made pretty good time and got there just after we had told everyone to meet up (We skipped Sam's).
We just kind of hung out at our friends Kristy and Ryan's and waited for the rest of the crew to arrive. It was nice to see everyone, espeically Chris, who just moved back from California. (I still question his sanity for picking winter of all times to choose PA over Cali). It was also nice to introduce Zoey to Six, AJ, and Dave. For some reason Zoey was enthralled by AJ and just kept staring at him. Our theory is that she was trying to figure out his species. LOL!
After putting off making a dinner descion, and several jokes to just grab MTO from Sheetz, we decided to go to a Japenese Steak House called Sakura. This actually worked out really well, because I had mentioned going to this place to Scott because I love their Super Maki and Spicy Salad, but Kristy is pregnant and can't have sushi, plus I wasn't really sure who all liked sushi. However what I did not realize is that they are actually a Hibachi place. OMG, we had such a good time. The chef was funny. Dave spit sake all over the table. It was just a nice, fun gathering.
Here are some pictures from the night
Deciding what to get
I'm not sure why Zoey liked him so much
That's a little bit better
Catching Chris and Six off guard
Zoey's first sushi
This guy was great
I have broccoli in my mouth from the guy throwing it and me catching it
Ryan getting some sake. (I was laughing too hard to get a picture of Dave)

Me and my baby girl
1 comment:
It's always good to catch up with old friends.
http://tigeronmybookshelf.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment