Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's Not A Boy!!!

ORIGINAL BLOG DATE: September 4, 2010

Today marks week 31 of my pregnancy and it was supposed to be a fun and exciting baby focused day. We were going to get our 3D ultrasound done, buy a changing table and stroller, and come home and get the crib and changing table put together so I could get going on pulling the whole nursery together. Things didn't go quite as planned.

I don't know if anyone remembers from my "It's a Boy" blog, but at our 19 week ultrasound the doctor told us it was a boy or a little girl with her hands down there. Well, it turns out that it is actually a little girl. Really it came as a pretty big shock to us. We've spent the past couple of months thinking we were having a little boy. He had a name, Scott read "boy" books to him at night, we created plans and dreams for him. The 3D ultrasound just wasn't as exciting of an experience as it should have been. The tech kept sating "she" and it just didn't feel right. I couldn't focus on her little face or hands or feet. I just kept thinking about it no longer being Xavier. Here I was seeing my baby, something I was so excited for, and I couldn't even call her by her name because she didn't have one.

We are thinking of naming her Zoey Ora Poe, but I don't know that we are 100% sure on that.


(Now that Zoey is here, this blog seems so silly. I can't even imagine her as a boy now. LOL!)

No comments: