I made this casserole for dinner last night. I have no idea why it is called California Casserole, because there is nothing specifically Californian about it. I wasn't a huge fan. It wasn't bad and Scott said he enjoyed it and he did take it for lunch today.
The pepper jack cheese was an adjustment I made to it to give it a little kick, so if you would prefer you can use all cheddar cheese. It calls for a lot of cheese, so feel free to cut back on it of you want. Scott's recommendation was to use shredded potatoes instead of the rice, and I agree that might be a good substitution.
Click on the picture to see a larger view
(If you click on the picture and save it, you can print it out as a 4 x 6 recipe card)
1 comment:
I used to love the casseroles that my mother made. My wife and I rarely cook, but maybe we should start thinking of some good casserole dishes since they are economical and usually easy to prepare.
Lee
Tossing It Out
Post a Comment