Sunday, March 13, 2011

Updates

Just a quick blog to update you all on a couple things going on with the Poes.

1) Zoey had her 4 month check-up on the 11th. Things look pretty good. She weighs 17 lbs, 7 oz (97th percentile) and is 25 inches long (75th percentile). I've been stressed out by the fact that she hasn't rolled over yet (one of the downsides of having an online group of people who had babies around the same time). The doctor told Scott that babies with a height/weight profile of Zoey's tend to be slower rolling over and we don't need to worry about it. I admit that it bothers me still. I joke and say that the doctor told us Zoey is too fat to roll over (which makes Scott mad). I am only partially joking though. She is only 4 months old and already I am hyper aware of potential weight issues. I hate that!!! Gonna have to work on that. Anyhow, the doctor also said that the hemangioma on her neck has gotten bigger, so he is going to go ahead and refer us to a specialist at Children's Hospital. Basically he just wants someone with more experience in that area to take a look to help determine if it will go away on it's own or if it will need treatment. I actually feel better about this now because I would prefer a specialist look at it rather than find out later it is worse than we thought.
(You can see the lump on her neck in this picture)

2) Scott got a great deal on a microwave, so we changed out our old one. For those of you who don't know, Scott and I live in his grandma's old house and a lot of the appliances are pretty old. The old microwave was huge, and Scott's grandfather designed the cabinets to hold it, so now that we have a smaller microwave I am left with a huge gap. Any suggestions for how to make it look better?




3) Scott and I are starting are new work schedules starting on Monday. I will work M-W 8:00 til 6:30 (that means 10 clients a day. Uggg) and Scott will work Thur, Fri, and Sun. I have mixed feeling about it. My days will be super long and I am worried about being able to maintain sanity seeing that many clients a day, but I am also excited to get four days in a row that I will be home with Zoey. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

4) In order to pick up a little extra income, I have taken a work from home gig rating internet searches. It seems like it will be super boring, but it pays pretty decent and I can work between 10 to 20 hrs a week depending on what's going on. I'll start that as soon as I can get the log on issue I am having resolved.

5) Scott and I are both continuing to do our other blogs. His indie book blog continues to pick up speed. He picked up a blog award the other day from N.R. Williams. He has a book giveaway that is ending on Tuesday and one that has just started, so head over to his blog and leave him a comment if you are interested in winning a free fantasy e-book. Over on my blog, Razzy's Corner, I have done my first official post, which turned into a 5 part series on bullying.

Well, I think that about covers it. An update will be coming soon to What Zoey is Reading. We have picked up quite a few new books for her and I will be sharing my thoughts on those in a upcoming post.

2 comments:

choose to be happy blog said...

Oh my!!! baby is precious!

Suzanne said...

My daughter had a hemangioma and and MRI to check it out around age 1. It went away on its own, so maybe you'll be so lucky.