Friday, April 1, 2011

Animal House

Let's kick off this month's A to Z Blog Challenge by talking about Animal House, and I don't mean the movie (although since Scott was in a fraternity, we could probably find some similar stories. LOL). I'm talking about the four legged members of the Poe household. This post will just quickly introduce you to them, with a picture of course, and then they will each get their own separate post later in the month.



We'll start out with the first animal member of the family, Sadie (Monster). Sadie is a roughly 6 year old Boston Terrier. She's a sweet little dog with a small dog complex and an extremely slimy tongue.
Next comes Temperance, who is an almost 3 year old Black Lab Mix. She is playful and smart, but is afraid of water (that must be whatever she is mixed with because it's not a lab trait).
The next member of the family is Xendrick. She is a 2 year old short haired cat. She is very much a prissy cat and only wants to cuddle on her terms, but when she does it is the best thing ever.
Next up is Wimbley. He's a 2 year old medium haired cat. He thinks he is a dog and is well known for his fly trap. He is super soft and a great cuddler, as long as a dog is somewhere in the vicinity. LOL!
Suki, more commonly known as Skunky, is a almost 2 year old long haired cat. She is much more standoffish than the rest of the cats, which probably isn't helped by the fact that the dogs pick on her (but only because she refuses to play with them). However, she is well known for stomping into the bathroom when you are in there and flopping on the ground waiting to be petted.

The last member, of the four legged variety, to join our family was Rhino. Rhino is a 2 year old Beagle with some of the cutest ears I have ever seen. He is a very on edge dog and a empty water bottle falling to the floor will leave him a nervous wreck, but he has come a long ways since we first got him.
Each of these wonderful family members will be featured in their own post. Starting with Sadie (Monster) on the 15th, Rhino on the 21st, Skunky on the 22nd, Temperence on the 23rd, Wimbley on the 27th, and Xendrick on the 28th.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Man, the photos just kept coming! You certainly have a lot of 4-legged animal members. I like the reference to the movie though. My husband was in a fraternity too, just like the one depicted in the movie. As undisciplined as most real animals.

Tiger85 said...

Your animals are very cute. I liked the reference to the movie as well. =)

http://tigeronmybookshelf.blogspot.com/

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Kane said...

Aaahhh--all your photos are so delightful. Your daughter Zoey is at a wonderful age. I even miss the throw-up on my shoulder when I burped my babies, who now in their 30s.
I confess to having a soft spot for Rhino, and his velvet ears. We had a beagle, and he was the most intelligent dog.
I will be watching your posts!