Friday, April 22, 2011

S is for Suki ... aka Skunk Face

Let me introduce everyone to Suki, who will from here on out be referred to as Skunk Face.

Skunk Face is an almost two year old long haired cat.

The story of how she came to her home is one that I will never live down. You see, I have always hated cats and saw no use to them as pets. However, after Scott's cat, Tika, and I were introduced I changed my mind, and I think I have been trying to replace her ever since she died. Skunk Face is a result of that. I was in the pet store one day, I don't remember what I was buying, and I walked by the kitty room. Skunky was being rambunctious and playing in one of the window cubes, and I made the very spontaneous decision to adopt her. So I did and I put her in the box they gave me, and drove over to Scott's work. I come walking in, with a meowing box, and tell Scott "I did a bad thing". LOL! The rest is history.

We had a bit of a hard time finding a name for her. I think Scott might have suggested Skunk Face right off the bat, but I didn't want any of our animals have names that weren't real names. So we brain stormed to try and think of names from shows Scott and I both liked, and kind of settled on Suki because we were just getting into watching True Blood (we don't even watch it anymore). Calling her Suki was short lived, and Skunk Face or Skunky quickly became the go to.

Skunky is very standoffish. She really doesn't come near either Scott or I unless we are in the bathroom or sometimes when Scott is working out downstairs. Despite her standoffish nature, she is the funnest cat to play with. She will chase things and twirl around until she makes herself dizzy. She gets along well with the other cats, but lately the dogs have been enjoying giving her a hard time.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Skunky

(First day home. Getting checked out by Xen)

(So small she fit on a small speaker, and check out those whiskers!)

(This is my all time favorite picture of her)

(Don't worry folks, she's just sleeping)

(We took her to the drive-in with us)

(One random day she decided to cuddle on the couch next to me)

(She loves boxes)
(Hanging out with Wimbley. I can't believe how big she has gotten)

No comments: