Thursday, April 14, 2011

L is for Love

Today I thought I would celebrate Love by talking about my wonderful husband, Scott, and posting some of my favorite wedding pictures.

Scott and I met in what is becoming more and more of the norm, the Internet. I had done some dating in the three years I lived in PA, but nothing had ever really clicked. So one night I was out with my friends celebrating my birthday and my other single friend and I decided to give online dating another shot. So I went home and fired up Match.com and started reading profiles. I came across Scott's and was intrigued. I don't remember what it was and really it doesn't matter since one of his female friends wrote his profile for him. LOL! Anyhow, I decided to wink and him and he ended up responding back.

We chatted via IM and email for a couple days and then the day before his birthday we ended up talking on the phone. I ended up talking him into letting me take him out for dinner for his birthday. We ended up meeting up for dinner and then hung out at his apartment and watched Transformers. It was a really great night and I was excited to spend more time with him. However, I was leaving for Ireland in a couple of days. I think we saw each other one more time before I left and then we talked or texted everyday that I was in Ireland (hello $700 cell phone bill) and while I was gone he even hung out with my friends. Since he survived them and they liked him we continued to see each other and things just took off from there.

11 months after we met Scott and I got engaged and we were married in May of 2010. One year anniversary coming up soon!!!!

Here are some pics from the wedding. The day that I married the most wonderful man in the world. He is an amazing husband and a fantastic father.

Exchanging vows

Blessing the marriage

Our Unity Candle

Me

Scott

Me with my Bridesmaids

Scott with his Groomsmen





First Dance

Having a good time with my bridesmaids

2 comments:

nutschell said...

you have a beautiful family! its always a great feeling knowing you're with someone who's simply perfect for you.
nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Barbara said...

Great pictures! I also met my Man online :) yeeeeeey!