Wednesday, April 6, 2011

E is for Easter

I love Easter. I'm not really sure what specifically it is about Easter that I am such a huge fan of, but I love it!!!! I think it all started when I was two and enthusiastically asked my mom "Why didn't anyone ever tell me about this Easter business?"
Here is a picture from that memorable Easter.

I'm the cute one in the middle .


I love dying Easter eggs and doing the Easter egg hunt. Now that I am an adult, I continue to love doing those things with my family and my nieces and nephews. I also have come to appreciate the religious meaning behind Easter and would really like to take Zoey to sunrise service this year.


Speaking of Zoey, can I just tell you how excited I am about her first Easter. She is only 5 months old, and I realize that she is too young to really enjoy it, but I am still super excited. I have already bought all of the stuff for her Easter basket and can't wait to give it to her despite the fact that she won't care about most of what's in there, but let's be honest, at this age a lot of the presents she gets are really for me and Scott. LOL!


I am also really looking forward to dying Easter eggs with her. Again, she will be too little to do this on her own, and some people think I'm crazy for even doing it for a 5 month old. I have always dyed eggs with my nieces and nephews for their first Easter and have been in charge of helping them with this task. It's always been such a special moment for me and I look forward to having the moment with my own daughter.


Here is a picture of me dying eggs with my nephew, Kolby, at his first Easter. He was a little bit younger than Zoey at this time

No comments: